So, a lot has happened in the Bird Family since the last blog...sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but I couldn't get the pictures to upload to the blog, and so I gave up. However, it appears that I can now post pictures again - yippee! Bad news is that our external hard drive, which housed all of our kids' pictures/videos, quit working, and we have not been successful in recovering them so I am devastated. I have a few on our hard drive, but not many from the baby years. I try not to think about it, or I burst into tears and have a hard time stopping - ha!
Alexis is now 5, and she likes to remind us that she will be 5 and a half in April. She is still dancing (ballet and tap), and she has recently added cheerleading, which she seems to love. She is a hoot coming out of the tunnel and making sure that her daddy is watching her show her stuff at all times. Dad and Alexis gave it one last try for another round of soccer, but it's just not in the cards for her right now. As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think Alexis is going to follow in her mommy's footsteps and love to play soccer. Oh well, cheering and dancing it is for now. She is in the GA Lottery Pre-K this year meaning that she attends school every day. She is doing great and even though she would like to stay home, once she's there, she enjoys every minute of it. Just the other day, she was telling me that she and a friend were upset with each other because they both wanted the same boyfriend - wow...5 pushing 17.
Michael is 2 and a half and will be 3 next month. He is still very, very busy and keeps us on our toes. He is non-stop energy, and he loves to talk. He also loves to ask a lot of questions. Michael is thrilled because when he turns 3, he will get to go to the dentist like sissy and will finally be old enough to try his first sport, soccer. So, mommy is really hoping Michael likes it! He already has shin guards and cleats so he's ready to go. Michael tells us daily that he wants to be a football back and play basketball so he can shoot. Kevin would like to push him towards football. Michael is potty training, and he is much different than Alexis. He really just doesn't care...he gets the concept and the idea of going in the potty, but if it means putting down Batman and Robin for a few minutes, he'd rather just go in his pants so he doesn't miss any playing time. We're working on it though, and his reward is the Tumble Bus at school. Here's hoping!

No comments:
Post a Comment