Monday, April 13, 2009

Ode To A Friend

I know I usually just use this space to post updates about our family and children, but today I wanted to say farewell to a good friend, Jack. What a tough decision to make today; however, I know God will take much better care of you than we can down here. Poor boy - you just weren't yourself and to think of you cancer-ridden makes me so sad. I am going to attempt to put the past few days out of my mind in an effort to remember you for the wonderful pal you were for 13.5 years. You were a great nurse after my knee surgery, you know some of my deepest thoughts, you never judged me, you were fun to chase when you got out, you were a great snuggler, you let me annoy you, you comforted me during many thunderstorms, but mostly you made me smile. Thanks, Boy! I'll miss you, and I can't wait to see you again on the other side - leave the light on for me!

No comments: