Now, I know that I normally blog about my immediate family, but I heard this story from my sister about my 5-year old nephew (Andrew) and couldn't help but share.
So, my sister has been cleaning out the playroom as of late and has decided to bag up some of the older toys to donate to Good Will. Inside this box designated "Good Will" resides a shopping cart that was Andrew's when he was younger. He probably hasn't played with it in a couple of years, but now that he can see it, it is calling his name. Andrew procedes to ask my sister if he could take the shopping cart out of the box and keep it. My sister matter of factly replies no, and the converstaion ends.
A little while later, Andrew asks his mom if they have a container of some sort, and she asks him why. He doesn't reply, but he continues to survey the playroom looking for something that will match his description. Eureka! He finds Ashley's (his 1-year old sister) shape sorter. He grabs it and walks away. He then decides to write on a piece of paper the word, "Vote," and he hangs it on the shape sorter. Next, he hands out pieces of paper to his mom, dad and himself and says that they should all take a vote on whether or not the shopping cart should stay or go. At this point in the story, I am laughing out loud because I believe my 5-year old nephew to be brilliant. After the voting takes place, Andrew creates a tally sheet and shouts, "Well, the No's have it. The shopping cart goes." Again, he walks away, and the conversation ends.
The following day, Andrew explains to his mother that he believes that Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw (my parents) should now be allowed to vote on the shopping cart's permanent residence. You see, he is very smart because he knows that my parents will vote in his favor, and he will be successful in swinging the vote.
Ahahahahahaha - look out, Hollie! You have a genius on your hands, and I look forward to future conversations involving whether he can take your car out for a spin, stay out later than his normal curfew, bring a girl over to the house, etc. Andrew, you are brilliant!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can not believe Andrew! He is always so quiet when we're hanging out with them, but you can tell that his mind is constantly going. I have a feeling he's going to become quite the negotiator the older he gets.
This is the funniest thing I have ever heard! Thanks for sharing!!!
Post a Comment